Administered by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) will pay 72.5% of the premium costs of approved health insurance on a monthly basis or in a yearly reimbursement.
- Washington Basic Health – HCTC (see below);
- An individual insurance plan, if enrolled 30 days prior to the last paid day of work at the TAA certified firm; or,
- A spouse’s insurance from work, if the employer contributes less than 50% of the total cost.
To be eligible to use HCTC, you must be enrolled in the TAA program and claiming Unemployment Insurance benefits, claiming Trade Readjustment Allowances, OR accessing the older worker wage subsidy program.
Washington State HCTC Assistance
Washington Basic Health – HCTC:
Washington Basic Health – HCTC is a “qualified health plan” for HCTC coverage. Eligibility is based on HCTC eligibility and not income level like traditional, subsidized Washington Basic Health. There is no waiting list for qualified HCTC applicants. The premiums in Washington Basic Health – HCTC are customarily lower than in COBRA and there aren’t deadlines to enroll in the program if still eligible for HCTC. **
For more information, please contact:
- Shawna Sliva: (360)725-0801 / email@example.com
- Jeremy Taylor-Sparks: (360)725-0798 / firstname.lastname@example.org